All beam time access for research at ALTO is evaluated by the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) which meets typically once a year to evaluate proposals for experiments.
The ALTO facility of IJC Lab will hold its next Program Advisory Committee meeting on the 12th and 13th of January 2023 just after the ALTO Users Group meeting.
We invite proposals for beam time (or Letters of Intent) to be considered at this next PAC meeting. Beam time requests for the period of February 2023 to March 2024 will be examined.
Due to the situation in Ukraine which has impacted physics programs at ALTO, this call is open for further experiments using the nu-Ball2/PARIS detectors (see below for more details).
Proposals are due by Sunday December 11th, 2022 in electronic format. Submission of proposals must be done through the ALTO Users web site. Instructions and cover letter template are provided:
You will first be asked to register as an ALTO User along with your collaborators.
The PAC will consider applications for the Tandem accelerator high-energy stable beams. Concerning the low-energy radioactive beams production of ALTO, this part is currently under commissioning (off-line and on-line). At present, the experiments COeCO, BEDO, TETRA and LINO have been commissioned off-line and/or online. Hence, in this context the PAC will evaluate propositions only connected to the commissioned experiments.
The list of available stable beams can be found here
If you require further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Jon Wilson and Enrique Minaya
Scientific Coordinators, ALTO facility, IJC Lab
*The nu-Ball2 experimental campaign*
This nu-Ball2 hybrid gamma-ray spectrometer at the ALTO facility,
will be running until the end of march 2023 with two possible geometries.
– nu-Ball2 clovers/PARIS (Ge 4.5%, phoswich 14%)
– nu-Ball2 Germanium only (Ge 5.5%)
In addition the coupling to the OUPS (Orsay Universal Plunger System) plunger will be possible.
For more precise information about the available setups and instrumentation at ALTO please contact the following people:
– BESTIOL TETRA/BEDO/COeCO (Matthieu Lebois) firstname.lastname@example.org
– SPLIT-POLE spectrometer (Nicolas de Sereville) email@example.com
– nu-Ball2 Ge only (Gabriel Charles and Joa Ljungvall) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
– nu-Ball2/PARIS (Iolanda Matea and Adam Maj) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
– OUPS plunger (Joa Ljungvall) firstname.lastname@example.org
– The LICORNE neutron source (Jon Wilson and Matthieu Lebois) email@example.com
– The FASTER Data Acquisition System (Matthieu Lebois and David Etasse)